|Job title:||UC platform specialist (MSW) Tier 3|
|Reports to:||CIO or as required|
Headquartered in Mauritius, Liquid Telecommunications is the leading independent data, voice and IP provider in eastern, central and southern Africa. We supply wholesale fibre optic, satellite and international carrier services to mobile networks, Internet Service Providers (ISPs) and businesses of all sizes.
Main Purpose of the role:
Experienced UC Platform Specialist who is passionate about technology and the field they work in. Candidate must be self-driven and able complete projects quickly and accurately without extensive supervision. Role will assist in the growth, optimization, maintenance and troubleshooting of Liquid’s core UC platform. The candidate will adhere to strict configuration standards and have an eye for detail. As part of our UC support team this individual will contribute ideas for internal process improvement to the internal UC development team. You will be part of a team that assures platform availability, stability and the roll out of future platform upgrades and extensions on a day to day basis. This is a Tier 3 role which requires in depth understanding and
Essential Job Functions
- Plan, design, implement, and support complex multi-vendor environments
- Develop and maintain detailed implementation and training documentation
- Design, deploy, and audit voice security implementations using industry best practices
- Create and maintain detailed deployment documentation
- Regular after-hour maintenances and on-call responsibilities
- Background in voice telephony
- Experience in running and maintaining NVF based solution platforms
- Carry themselves well with clients
- Able to portray knowledge and make presentations to clients
- Experience in higher level application task management
Primary Skills Required:
- Communication:Advanced written and verbal communication skills, including writing of technical documents. Must be able to influence a project team of employee owners in a highly matrixed environment
- Work Style:Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines. Must be detail oriented.
- Problem Solving:Advanced analytical skills. Must be able to work through complex issues with a methodical approach. Must be able to understand and distill data into actionable items. Must have advanced data management ability. .
- Leadership and motivational skills.
- Strong communication & presentation skills with an ability to work across the businesses
Qualifications & Experience:
Specific Requirements, Skills & Education
- 5+ years’ experience that includes deploying and troubleshooting IP-Telephony solutions
- Expert level understanding of voice platforms and protocols such as MetaSwitch, PRI, Voice & Video Codecs
- Expert level SIP - Someone who can read and debug raw SIP messages, can describe in detail the different type of SIP messages and understands how to manipulate SIP headers when interconnecting with a SIP device which does not behave as expected. Must understand the actual protocol messaging
- Expert troubleshooter in TDM based protocols like SS7 (q.763), PRI
- Ability to learn quickly
- Positive attitude and ability to work under pressure
- Proactive, committed and have good judgment skills
- A flexible attitude towards work
To apply: Please send your CV HR@liquidtelecom.com